I upgrade to 6.5u1, 6.7 gets released. So, I am going to do an upgrade in my lab so I can start playing around with all the cool new features.
Before moving on, it is HIGHLY recommended you read through the following VMware articles:
- vSphere 6.7 Release Notes
- VMware Compatibility Guide
- Update sequence for vSphere 6.7 and its compatible VMware products (53710)
- Important information before upgrading to vSphere 6.7 (53704)
- Managing TLS protocol configuration for vSphere 6.5 (2147469)
Also, as a prerequisite, and mentioned in the 6.0u3 to 6.5u1 upgrade, I recommend moving all systems to a single host, disabling DRS (or setting it to manual) and performing a snapshot of the VMs.
The upgrade path also seems identical in the sense that you need to do ALL PSCs FIRST then do the vCenter. But you might have additional VMware systems, so please follow the Update sequence for vSphere 6.7 and its compatible VMware products (53710) article.